We eat clean, we focus on nutrition, who said we had to give up taste?? Snacks are a vital part of life (at least to mine… I don’t know about anyone else??)
Here is a snack I have run to recently – Chickpeas! Easy to pop into your mouth and so good and flavorful! Not to mention good for you!
I am still playing around with different spices but when I started I just mixed some ingredients that I have at home! This is my favorite but be adventurous and try something new! Also I am the time in the oven changes depending on how crunchy you want them! I have gone through some batches that have been too hard to chew and others that are way to soft! This is a recipe that you have to play with to figure out what works for you!
Makes 2 yellow servings
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (optional depending on how spicy you want these)
- 1 tsp. Corrander
- 1 tsp. minced onions
- 1 tsp. Fennel Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375
- Drain and dry chickpeas with a paper towel (you can remove the skins of the chickpeas but I don’t)
- Combine minced onions, fennel and Corrander in a spice grinder (I use my coffee grinder and it works great!)
- Mix all spices together
- Put olive oil in a zip lock bag, then put the chickpeas and spices in the bag. Shut and shake the bag to evenly coat the chickpeas with olive oil and spices
- Put chickpeas on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 40 minutes. You may want to bake for longer if you want you chickpeas crunchier!
Find other recipes here